ATA Webinar Series – BACK TRANSLATION: A SPECIALIZED MARKET FOR SPANISH TO ENGLISH MEDICAL TRANSLATORS
Attend this webinar to learn when to use back translation, best practices, and the pitfalls of Spanish-English back translation.
Back translation is a market all its own, with specific rules and requirements. This webinar will begin with the reasons clients request back translation, then cover the steps of the back translation process, and finally provide practical examples of differences between a forward translation and a back translation. Linguistic challenges and resources specific to Spanish-English back translation of medical and health care texts will be included.
To register: https://bit.ly/3vS3k3B
- Date: May 18
- Time: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm EDT
- Presenter(s): Danielle Maxson
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Presenting Language(s): English with Spanish examples
- Level: Intermediate
- ATA CEPs: 1.0
What will you learn?
- The meaning of back translation
- When and why back translation is used
- The steps of the back translation process
- Tips and best practices for back translators
- How to participate in the reconciliation step
- Pitfalls specific to Spanish-English back translation
About the Presenter
Danielle Maxson, CT has been translating since 2009, and specializes in medical translation with a focus on patient records. She is ATA-certified in Portuguese>English and Spanish>English and a member of ATA’s Business Practices Education Committee. Before focusing on translation as a career, Danielle taught Spanish and worked as a medical interpreter. She is also part of the team working on ATA’s upcoming business practices blog Next Level.
How to Register or Purchase
ATA Member: $45 – Click to Register
Non-Member: $60 – Click to Register