BRING A BOOK IN SPANISH TO ATA60!
In support of the Palm Springs Public Library and its Spanish-Speaking Community
The Spanish Language Division (SPD) of the American Translators Association (ATA) would like to contribute in serving the needs for language books of the Spanish speakers in Palm Springs, California.
To accomplish this altruistic initiative, the SPD appeals to the generosity of its members to donate new and recent edition books in Spanish during the ATA 60th Annual Conference.
Types of books in Spanish the library needs:
- Children’s books
- Contemporary Latin American Literature
- Science fiction
- Science projects guides
- Action and Adventure
- Bilingual dictionaries
- Other countries
If you have authored, translated, or edited a book in the above categories, this is a great opportunity to share your work with the Spanish-speaking readers of Palm Springs!
- The books will be presented to the Palm Springs Public Library Liaison during the SPD annual meeting on Saturday October 26 at 12:30PM.
Book Drop-Off Instructions during ATA60 [please bring your book(s) at least 15 minutes before each session]:
- Student Breakfast Meet-Up (THURSDAY 7:30AM – 8:15AM, RESERVED TABLE AT CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST)
- (025) Inside IVs and Injections: Prickly Problems in Spanish>English Translation, Kathryn German (THURSDAY 2:00PM – 3:00 PM, CATALINA)
- (070) La tragicomedia de la traducción de obras teatrales, Miguel Sáenz (FRIDAY 11:15AM – 12:15PM, CATALINA)
- SPD ANNUAL DINNER (FRIDAY 7:30PM – 9:30PM)
Charo Welle, SPD Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marco Díaz, SPD Acting Assistant Administrator: email@example.com