From the ATA Webinar Series:
More Tools and Toys for ‘Terps
Approved for 1 CIMCE credit
Presenter: Cris Silva
Date: June 9, 2017
Time: 12 noon U.S. Eastern Daylight Time
Duration: 60 minutes
CE Point(s): 1 (CIMCE, ATA approved)
Translators are not the only ones with cool software!
Take this time to explore all the apps and technology that interpreters can use to strengthen their skills and hone their craft. [Learn More]
What will you learn?
- How to use audio book-type apps to prepare for assignments
- A simple wi-fi based app with a receiver and a transmitter
- What glossaries are available for interpreters
- How to best organize your glossaries
- Ways to improve public speaking skills, including video feedback
Unable to attend? You can register for this webinar now and a link to the recorded version will be sent to you after the live event!
About the Presenter
Cristina Silva has worked as an English<>Portuguese translator and conference interpreter since 1997, including a period as an in-house translator at J.D. Edwards and as a localization project coordinator and terminology manager. She has interpreted for numerous clients and industries, including military, government, and private sectors.
Cris teaches Portuguese translation at Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey.
Questions? Need more information?