You asked for it and we listened! The deadline for submitting proposals has been extended until Friday, December 15, 2017!
In Miami SPRING INTO ACTION An International Event in Collaboration with
Association of Translators and Interpreters of Florida (ATIF)
Spanish Language Division (SPD) of the American Translators Association (ATA)
Florida International University (FIU)*
March 16-18, 2018
Call for Papers
We are pleased to invite educators, students, and practicing colleagues in the world of translation and interpreting to this event hosted at the FIU campus in Miami, Florida.
This international event will feature Palabras Mayores, a recognized group of speakers from Spain and Mexico, plus national and local presenters! The event is designed to provide those interested in acquiring or perfecting their skills in translation, editing, and interpreting with the opportunity to learn from experts in these fields as well as to foster professional growth.
Abstract Submission: Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, the topics listed below (priority will be given to sessions that would qualify for CIEs):
- Translation, editing, and post-editing topics
- Court, community, and medical interpreting
- Interpreting methods and note taking
- Sight translation
- Comparative analysis ENG<>SPA topics for both interpreters and translators
- Technologies, trends and business practices for translators and interpreters
- Issues of translation and interpreting in training and education
- Best practices and Ethics for Translation and Interpreting professionals
Submission deadline: Friday, December 15, 2017
Sessions can be offered as 90-minute presentations or as 3-hour workshops. Abstracts must be submitted in English or Spanish and must not exceed 300 words. Please include:
- Name | Email | Address | Phone of requesting individual:
- Brief description of content:
- Speaker’s name & professional qualifications:
- Time/Length of activity:
- Signature of requesting individual:
- Date of proposal submission:
Abstracts should be attached as a Word file and sent to: sia2018Proposals@gmail.com
We look forward to receiving your proposals! Should you have any questions please contact us.
Rudy Heller, Chair SPD Professional Development Committee: email@example.com
Charo Welle, SPD administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yolanda Secos, SPD Assistant Administrator: email@example.com
*DISCLAIMER: Florida International University’s Translation and Interpretation Program is providing space at the FIU Modesto A. Maidique Campus as a professional courtesy to the American Translators Association’s Spanish Language Division and the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Florida for the event “Spring into Action 2018.” FIU/T&I is not responsible for the content, finances, or administration of the event.